This is an amazing Mexican marinade for making chicken tacos or even to roast a whole chicken or pieces. If you are making taco’s use boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast. I have used both successfully. Cook them fast on high heat under your grill in the oven to ensure they are juicy. If you are lucky enough to barbecue these will be even more fantastic with the smokey flavors!
Serve them alongside my better than guac avocado dip and my simple lazy salsa. You will have everyone asking you to make them over and over, they are just so good!
Tangy Chicken Taco’s
- 1 kg Chicken breast or skinless boneless thighs
- 2 tbsp achiote paste, ground anatto seed or paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp mild mexican chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp hot chili powder
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp agave nectar or honey
- 4 cloves galic crushed
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 avocado sliced
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp coriander fresh
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag or large glass dish for marinading.
- Mix all the other marinade ingredients.
- Pour Marinade over the chicken, mix and place in refrigerator for two hours or overnight.
- 1/2 hour before cooking remove chicken from fridge and leave out to come to room temperature.
- Turn your grill on high and place rack 4-5 inches from grill.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place chicken on sheet. Brush with some vegetable oil. Place under the grill and roast for 10-12 mins, then turn and brush with oil and cook under grill for another 10-12 minutes till you see some nice char marks and juices run clear when poked with a knife. Remove chicken from baking sheet. Place chicken on a board and cut into small pieces with a knife.
- Serve the chicken with warmed tortillas and slices or avocado, salsa and lime wedges.