So this came about a few years ago in New York. I had some avocados that needed using up, I was going to make guac but saw I had no tomatoes! As I was borderline bored of guac anyway I decided to go make something with what I had at home and it was so good, that I have never made regular guac ever again since!
Serve with corn chips or as an accompaniment to taco’s.
Better than Guac Avocado Dip
Get ready to never make guac again once you try this.
- 2 avocados
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1.5-2 Limes juiced
- 1 tbsp heaped sour cream or cream fraiche
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 3 green chillies or jalepanos chopped
- Smash one avocado in a med sized bowl.
- Chop the second avocado and add to bowl.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Taste for salt, pepper and lemon juice and add a little more to balance flavours if needed.
Ensure avocados are fresh and ripe. Roll limes on a counter with you hands for a few seconds to get more juice out of them. Serve with corn chips or as an accompaniment to tacos or other Mexican dishes.
Sodium: 20mg | Calcium: 50mg | Vitamin C: 12mg | Vitamin A: 260IU | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 7g | Potassium: 553mg | Cholesterol: 3mg | Calories: 186kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 16g | Protein: 5g | Carbohydrates: 10g | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Reply