So this came about a few years ago in New York. I had some avocados that needed using up, I was going to make guac but saw I had no tomatoes! As I was borderline bored of guac anyway I decided to go make something with what I had at home and it was so good, that I have never made regular guac ever again since!
Serve with corn chips or as an accompaniment to taco’s.
Better than Guac Avocado Dip
- 2 avocados
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1.5-2 Limes juiced
- 1 tbsp heaped sour cream or cream fraiche
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 3 green chillies or jalepanos chopped
- Smash one avocado in a med sized bowl.
- Chop the second avocado and add to bowl.
- Now add all the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Taste for salt, pepper and lemon juice and add a little more to balance flavours if needed.